Started: 9/20/2018 8:48 AM
Picture: Mike Odeh
Mike Odeh
“Relative” option for control panels and show\hide panels

​When I select that option any fields inside panel jump around and it's not easy getting back where I want them to be.

I tested with one of your templates and it does the same thing. 
how i can acheive a relative panels that can shift automatically up and down when show\hide panels in the form?

Picture: Mike Odeh
  • Mike Odeh
http://www.itlaq.com:80/my/User%2520Photos/Profile%2520Pictures/mike_MThumb.jpg?t=63624568071" alt="Picture: Mike Odeh" />
Mike Odeh

​When I select that option any fields inside panel jump around and it's not easy getting back where I want them to be.

I tested with one of your templates and it does the same thing. 
how i can acheive a relative panels that can shift automatically up and down when show\hide panels in the form?

19/20/2018 8:48 AM9/20/2018 8:48 AMNoSPARK Forms
9/20/2018 8:47 AM
Posted: 9/23/2018 5:35 AM
Picture: Jim Hidson
Jim Hidson

Hi Mike,

Yes because relative layout will make the positions of the controls inside useless, and will affect the values of their left and top positions.

In order to build an auto-shifting panels you need to do the following:

1. 1- Create a master panel with relative layout
  2. 2- Add panels inside this master panel to act as rows in a table if you would understand it better that way
  3. 3- Don't change the layout for the inside panels "keep them absolute" and add\design the controls you want in these panels according to the criteria you want to be for these controls (shown or hidden).
  4. 4- Now when you hide or show a panel the beneath panels will be shifted automatically by the power of html divs functionality with zero scripting time\code.

It is a very cool method for solving a hard problem.

Regards,
Jim

Picture: Jim Hidson
  • Jim Hidson
http://www.itlaq.com:80/my/User%2520Photos/Profile%2520Pictures/jim_MThumb.jpg?t=63627189186" alt="Picture: Jim Hidson" />
Jim Hidson

Hi Mike,

Yes because relative layout will make the positions of the controls inside useless, and will affect the values of their left and top positions.

In order to build an auto-shifting panels you need to do the following:

1. 1- Create a master panel with relative layout
  2. 2- Add panels inside this master panel to act as rows in a table if you would understand it better that way
  3. 3- Don't change the layout for the inside panels "keep them absolute" and add\design the controls you want in these panels according to the criteria you want to be for these controls (shown or hidden).
  4. 4- Now when you hide or show a panel the beneath panels will be shifted automatically by the power of html divs functionality with zero scripting time\code.

It is a very cool method for solving a hard problem.

Regards,
Jim

Mike Odeh3409/23/2018 5:35 AM9/23/2018 5:35 AM
9/19/2018 7:49 AM